Apple paleo muffins are a great treat with breakfast or as an afternoon snack. And because they’re not too sweet, they make a perfect base for your favorite toppings. I love them warm out of the oven with a little ghee, a drizzle of honey, and a hot mug of cappuccino.
The secret to these quick apple muffins is getting the apple pieces small enough to cook through by the time the muffins are done. You can use a food processor or mini chopper, but I find using a grater is the fastest way to do this. Just peel the apple and grate it until you get to the core.
These apple paleo muffins are quick and easy to put together on a weekend morning. You can bake them for breakfast and put any leftover muffins in the freezer for grab-and-go breakfasts during the week.
- 200 grams almond flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large apple, grated and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Toss grated apple with lemon juice in medium bowl. Add remaining wet ingredients and combine. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.