I love this simple arugula strawberry salad with Meyer lemon vinaigrette. It combines some of my favorite spring flavors and takes less than five minutes to make. It’s perfect as an appetizer or a side salad to go with whatever is on the grill.
The Meyer lemon vinaigrette is one of the easiest dressings to put together. It’s just Meyer lemon juice, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Meyer lemons are a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges. They have a great flavor. And because they’re not as tart as regular lemons, the juice makes a fabulous simple dressing mixed one-to-one with avocado oil. If you don’t have Meyer lemons, you could always substitute regular lemon juice and add a touch of honey to the dressing.
Arugula strawberry salad with Meyer lemon vinaigrette is a perfect simple spring salad.
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 6 strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Layer arugula, strawberries and almonds on plate.
- Whisk together Meyer lemon juice, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and serve the rest of the dressing on the side. Finish with additional salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.