This asparagus soup recipe is an easy homemade soup using paleo foods that I always have in the kitchen. Asparagus and avocado are two of my favorites, and they blend perfectly in this roasted asparagus avocado soup. Avocado replaces the cream and makes the soup luxuriously silky.
I love avocados and I love asparagus, so it was easy to put them together. This asparagus soup recipe is quick and easy to make. The asparagus roasts for about 10 minutes in the oven, and then it goes into the Vitamix with the avocado, lemon juice and stock.
The wonderful creaminess of the avocado is accentuated by the brightness of the lemon and the caramelization from the quick-roasted asparagus. The ghee adds a buttery flavor, but you could certainly leave it out or substitute olive oil if you wanted to go completely dairy-free. And you could always use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock to make this soup vegan.
This asparagus soup recipe makes me think of spring and is a perfect treat on a late winter day.
- 12 ounces asparagus
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon ghee or fat of choice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss asparagus with garlic infused olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer asparagus to Vitamix or blender with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water to thin to desired consistency, if needed, and warm gently over medium heat. Serve immediately.