Is there such a thing as too much chocolate? This dark chocolate pots de creme recipe comes close. It is unbelievably rich, and smooth, and very, very chocolaty. With only five minutes of hands-on time, it’s a true chocolate indulgence.
What makes this no-cook chocolate pots de creme so quick and easy is that everything goes in the blender. Just heat the coconut milk (I use the beverage setting on the microwave) and pour it into the blender with the rest of the ingredients. The hot milk melts the chocolate and thickens the eggs. No double boiler, no oven, no water bath — it’s my kind of chocolate dessert.
This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. I use unsweetened dark chocolate and sweeten it with honey. I like Ghirardelli’s 100% cacao baking bar, but any good quality chocolate would work. I also use light coconut milk from Trader Joe’s. The consistency is similar to whole milk and the ingredients are just coconut milk and water.
Serve the dark chocolate pots de creme with something to compliment the chocolate — raspberries, whipped coconut cream, espresso, or even a nice Cabernet.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 4 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 pint raspberries
- Add all ingredients, except coconut milk and raspberries, to Vitamix in order listed and blend until smooth.
- Heat coconut milk until very hot (do not boil).
- With blender running on low, slowly and carefully pour hot coconut milk into blender. Blend until chocolate is completely melted, and mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour into serving cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Top with raspberries and serve.