Paleo chocolate pecan tart ended up being my favorite Thanksgiving dessert this year. I made this variation of my chocolate walnut pie at the last minute, using a tart pan because all of my pie pans were full of other pies. It was so quick and easy to put together, I actually made it start to finish while the other pies were in the oven.
To save time, I skipped pre-baking the tart shell and made the filling in the blender. It was ready to go in the oven in about ten minutes. That's my kind of dessert — maximum chocolaty goodness with minimal effort.
This paleo chocolate pecan tart is gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free. And a perfectly decadent chocolate dessert you can make any time.
- 125 grams almond flour (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons organic ghee, melted and cooled
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- For the crust, combine almond flour, ghee, and salt in a bowl. Press into bottom and half way up sides of a non stick tart pan with removable bottom. Sprinkle pecans over bottom of crust.
- For the filling, add eggs, ghee, honey, cacao powder, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt to blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes, until set and slightly puffed. Cool completely and carefully remove tart ring.