This paleo oatmeal mix the perfect breakfast to make ahead during your meal prep session. It takes just minutes to stir together makes paleo instant oatmeal even faster.
I was making my no-oat paleo "instant oatmeal" for breakfast one day, and I realized it would save time to make a big batch of oatmeal mix for the week.
Since then I always have a batch made up — especially in the colder months. I love the convenience of having it ready to go in the mornings. Here's how to make your own paleo instant oatmeal mix.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Paleo instant oatmeal mix
This recipe is super simple. All you have to do is mix together the dry ingredients for the paleo oatmeal recipe. Since this is a grain-free n'oatmeal, the dry ingredients do not include oats.
Here's what you'll need to meal prep your instant oatmeal mix:
- almond flour - I use this one
- unsweetened finely shredded coconut - be sure to use a fine shred like this one as the coconut is what gives this porridge it oatmeal-like texture
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
To make your instant oatmeal, just mash half of a banana in the bottom of a cereal bowl, stir in a scoop of the oatmeal mix and some nut milk, and pop it in the microwave.
When it's done, top your paleo almost oatmeal with all your favorite oatmeal toppings. I like fresh blueberries, chopped walnuts, and real maple syrup.
Make this oatmeal mix over the weekend and you'll have a quick and easy hot breakfast to make at home. Or an easy portable gluten-free, dairy-free almost oatmeal breakfast to make in the microwave at work.
More quick & easy breakfasts
- 20 Easy Keto Breakfast Ideas
- 7 Paleo Breakfast Ideas for Busy Mornings
- 30 Easy Whole30 Breakfast Recipes to Kickstart Your Day
- 10 Easy Paleo Smoothie Recipes
- 10 Easy Paleo Muffins You Can Make This Weekend
Paleo Oatmeal Mix Recipe
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
¼ cup paleo oatmeal mix
⅓ to ½ cup cashew milk Mash the banana in the bottom of the bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Microwave 1 - 2 minutes, until hot and starting to bubble. Stir and let stand a couple of minutes. It will thicken slightly as it cools. Serve with your favorite toppings. Nutrition info for bowl of paleo oatmeal: