Here’s a fast and easy summer salad inspired by what I had in the fridge this week — rotisserie chicken, baby spinach, and homegrown strawberries. Add walnuts for crunch, and dress it up with a simple walnut oil and champagne vinaigrette. And this chicken salad with spinach and strawberries is ready in about five minutes.
You can also use grilled or roasted chicken to make this quick main dish salad. It’s paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free. And it’s perfect for summer.
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine chicken, spinach, strawberries and walnuts in a large salad bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to jar with tight-fitting lid and shake until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, to taste.