There is nothing like warm, homemade biscuits for breakfast. I was craving them this morning and in half an hour I was breaking them open and drizzling them with honey. Of course, you can serve these biscuits at any time of day, but had them with my frittata and fresh raspberries. Yum.
This recipe is so quick and easy. It’s one of the things I whip up when I’m in a hurry. Everything goes in one bowl. I skip the rolling out, and just drop them on a cookie sheet and flatten them. They bake while I cook everything else.
These gluten-free, dairy-free paleo biscuits freeze well. So I put the rest of the batch in the freezer for another day. They go straight from the freezer to a low oven to reheat. They are the best kind of freezer biscuits.
- 315 grams almond flour (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in center and add wet ingredients. Stir wet ingredients in center, then stir in almond flour until dough is formed.
- Drop by large scoop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten to 1-1/2 inches using a small piece of parchment paper.
- Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes.