If you're looking for something different to bring to your next barbecue, this cold sweet potato salad is amazing! It's naturally sweet from the roasted sweet potatoes with a chipotle lime kick from the easy dressing recipe. This healthy sweet potato salad is paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and Whole30.
Who doesn't love sweet potatoes? They're a staple in our house from the classic sweet potato casserole I have to make for every holiday (my family insists on it!) to easy slow cooker sweet potatoes on busy weekdays. I can't believe I waited so long to try a cold sweet potato salad.
The combination of subtle sweetness from the sweet potatoes, the heat from the chipotle lime dressing and the crunch of the celery, sweet red pepper, and red onions is so good. I'll take this side dish over regular potato salad any day.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I love and recommend (which means if you choose to make a purchase I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you).
This roasted sweet potato salad is a great alternative to your typical potato salad or pasta salad for a summer side dish. Plus sweet potatoes have many health benefits including being high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Easy cold sweet potato salad
What makes this sweet potato salad so easy? The shortcut is using chipotle lime mayonnaise. It adds a ton of flavor a bit of heat with just one ingredient. I'm addicted to this mayo and have been putting it in just about everything. It's made with healthy avocado oil and it's paleo and Whole30 friendly. I've found the cheapest place to get it is Thrive Market, but you can also get it on Amazon.
With the chipotle lime mayo as the base for the paleo sweet potato salad, all you have to do is add a little lime juice and some crunchy chopped vegetables. The roasted sweet potatoes lend a natural sweetness so no added sugar is needed to balance the dressing. I like to finish the sweet potato salad with a little fresh cilantro to bring out the fresh herb flavor.
This easy cold sweet potato salad is like potato salad but better. I love it with burgers or anything cooked on the grill. It's perfect for summer picnics, barbecues, potlucks or whenever you need a dish to pass.
Easy Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes, or until tender, stirring halfway through.
- Whisk chipotle lime mayo, lime juice, and remaining sea salt together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in red onion, red pepper, and celery.
- Toss cooked sweet potatoes in mayonnaise mixture. Fold in cilantro. Refrigerate to meld flavors.
More easy cold salads
- Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon (Paleo, Whole30)
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- 10 Easy Paleo Summer Salads
What's your favorite summer salad? Let me know in the comments below!