Easy roasted root vegetables are a perfect side for fall.
The recipe is completely flexible. You can include whatever root vegetables you have — sweet potatoes, celery root, carrots, parsnips, turnips, beets. It also works with winter squash. The only essential ingredients are cooking fat, salt, and pepper. But, of course, you can always include other flavorings like onions, garlic, herbs and spices.
The cooking temperature is very forgiving. If you have something else in the oven at a different temperature, you can roast the vegetables anywhere between 350 and 450 degrees. Just adjust the cooking time.
This simple roasted vegetable recipe is an easy side for Thanksgiving when you're serving people on different diets. It's gluten, grain, and dairy-free, paleo and vegan.
This simple roasted root vegetables recipe is an easy fall side dish that's perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 celery root celeriac
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut vegetables into cubes. Toss with olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on rimmed baking sheet for 30 - 45 minutes, until vegetables are browned and cooked through.