This easy cranberry walnut paleo granola is crunchy and sweet with a hint of tartness from the cranberries – everything you want in a granola and perfect for a paleo breakfast or snack. Unlike traditional granola, this recipe is grain-free and refined sugar-free. Nuts, seeds and coconut replace the grains and it is sweetened with honey and fruit.
I make this granola often. The recipe is so simple you can make it for breakfast on the weekend and have it ready to grab and go all week. And you can change-up the flavors depending on what you have on hand. Cranberry and walnut is a classic combination I made with ingredients I had in the pantry. I think hazelnut apricot or pistachio date might be next.
This granola makes a healthy gluten-free cereal alternative with dairy-free homemade cashew milk. I also love it sprinkled on top of applesauce or on its own straight out of the jar. I grab a handful when I’m looking for something crunchy to snack on – it’s slightly addictive.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine nuts, seeds, coconut and salt in large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and honey and mix until well combined.
- Bake on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 18 - 20 minutes, until just lightly browned.
- Add the dried cranberries and toss to combine. Cool completely before serving.