I originally came up with this easy paleo brownie recipe because I wanted a quick brownie recipe using ingredients I had in the pantry — a little bit of almond butter and some cocoa powder. It was a happy coincidence as these brownies were a snap to put together, and they turned out to be one of my favorite brownie recipes. They are fudgy, buttery and sure to satisfy your chocolate craving.
What makes this recipe so easy is that everything goes straight into the food processor — no bowls needed. Because they are cocoa brownies, you don’t have to melt chocolate. You don’t even have to melt the ghee. As long as it is at room temperature, just put it in the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. The brownies are in the oven in about 5 minutes.
This easy paleo brownie recipe is perfect when you need a quick dessert. They are great on their own and make a perfect base for toppings like banana ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Add dry ingredients to food processor and pulse to combine. Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until set but still slightly moist in center.