This Italian dressing recipe is so easy to make. Just throw a few fresh ingredients in a bottle and shake. There’s no excuse for using packaged dressings with industrial oils, sugars and thickeners. A quick homemade Italian dressing tastes so much better, and is so much better for you.
The great thing about making your own dressing is that you can make it to your taste. Add more garlic, use different herbs, or adjust the ratio of red wine vinegar to olive oil. I like a tangy Italian dressing, so this 1:3 ratio is perfect for me. Of course, you can always adjust the ratio to your preference.
When this dressing is stored in the refrigerator, the olive oil will thicken a bit. I just take it out of the fridge before I start making the salad. Then by the time I’m ready for the dressing, a quick shake is all it needs.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs - I used Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced with garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients to jar with tight-fitting lid and shake until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.