I love lemon poppy seed muffins. This recipe took quite a bit of testing, but I finally created a recipe that tastes like the traditional bakery version of lemon poppy muffins that I remember. I used coconut flour to create the moist, fluffy texture. Fresh lemon juice and zest provide the lemon flavor and the poppy seeds add a sweet crunch. Lemon poppy paleo muffins are perfect for breakfast with tea or coffee.
I always have fresh lemons in the house, so it’s easy to whip up these paleo breakfast muffins at a moment’s notice. They come together fast — just add everything to the food processor and the batter is ready in a few minutes. Lemon poppy paleo muffins are a quick and easy way to satisfy your muffin craving.
- 4 eggs
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line muffin tin.
- Add all ingredients except poppy seeds to food processor and process until well combined. Pulse in poppy seeds.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.