I love strawberry season. Fresh strawberries usually don’t last more than a day or two at my house. But on the rare occasion that I have extra strawberries, I like to bake with them. Today I had more than enough to make fresh strawberry paleo muffins. And I have enough left to make arugula strawberry salad for lunch.
These strawberry muffins are wonderful. The flavor of the strawberries is perfect with the almond, honey and vanilla. I have been using a combination of ghee and coconut oil lately and I really like the flavor this adds. Of course, you can also make these muffins with all ghee, or with all coconut oil for a dairy-free option. The muffins are simple to put together. Just make sure the strawberries are dry before you chop them so the batter doesn’t get too wet.
These gluten-free, grain-free strawberry paleo muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack — a great way to use fresh strawberries this season.
- 200 grams almond flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin (or use silicone baking cups).
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently fold in strawberries.
- Use a large ice cream or cookie scoop to fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.