These fresh strawberry paleo muffins are quick and easy to put together.
I love strawberry season. Fresh strawberries usually don't last more than a day or two at my house. But on the rare occasion that I have extra strawberries, I like to bake with them. Today I had more than enough to make strawberry paleo muffins. And I have enough left to make arugula strawberry salad for lunch.
Fresh homegrown strawberries really make these muffins special. The flavor of the strawberries is perfect with the almond, honey and vanilla.
I have been using a combination of ghee and coconut oil lately and I really like the flavor this adds. Of course, you can also make these muffins with all ghee, or with all coconut oil for a completely dairy-free option.
These gluten-free, grain-free strawberry paleo muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack — a great way to use fresh strawberries this season.
More strawberry recipes to try:
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lime Coconut Cream
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
- Chicken Salad with Spinach and Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin (or use silicone baking cups).
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently fold in strawberries.
- Use a large ice cream or cookie scoop to fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.