I found some beautiful homegrown peaches at the market today and I was inspired to make peach muffins. I have been using fresh peaches this summer in my peach blueberry crisp, but this is the first time I’ve put them in muffins. I can’t imagine why I didn’t think of this before. I love the chunks of peaches baked into the cake-like muffins. The flavor of the fresh peaches is wonderful with the almond, honey and lemon.
So if you’re wondering what to do with all those fresh summer peaches, try baking some fresh peach paleo muffins.
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 200 grams almond flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, fine ground
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently fold in peaches.
- Use a large ice cream or cookie scoop to fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.