I love this time of year. Gingerbread and spices always remind me of the holidays. And these gingerbread spice scones are perfect for this time of year — a quick and easy paleo breakfast using all of my favorite warm holiday spices.
- 300 grams almond flour (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add almond flour, coconut sugar, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add eggs, honey and apple cider vinegar. Starting in the center, stir the dough until well combined.
- Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, drop the scones onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly wet hands and gently flatten the tops of the scones. They should be about 1 inch thick.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.