Chimichurri sauce is a great sauce for grilled meat or chicken. It's quick and easy to put together. And it's one of my favorite ways to use fresh summer herbs. I made it today with Italian flat leaf parsley, but it would be wonderful with some cilantro mixed in as well.
With olive oil, garlic, lemon and herbs, this sauce is bright and fresh — perfect for summer grilling. You can just throw everything in the food processor. A couple of quick pulses is all it takes to chop and blend the ingredients. As with any recipe using fresh ingredients, it's important to taste as you go. Once you pulse the ingredients, taste and add more garlic, lemon or salt if needed.
Use this quick and easy chimichurri sauce for a marinade, or serve it over grilled steak, chicken, fish, or vegetables.
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in food processor, and pulse until parsley and garlic are finely chopped.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.